Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Wednesday, November 30, 2011

René of the Day // 10.16.11 // Blooms + Berries


Going to the "pumpkin patch" is one of my favorite fall festivities! I have memories of going as many years back as I can remember... My mom and aunt would plop us on piles of plump orange gourds and snap our photos as we rolled off and petted goats and ran around with burrs grabbing onto our white rolled-down socks. As I've gotten older, I love taking my niece and seeing her doing the same things. Although we go to a different farm now, it's still a special tradition. It's so funny how three years ago we were sweating in summer clothes and the following year we were bundled up for the winter. Ohh, midwest weather, how you surprise us.

Blooms and Berries in Loveland hosts Fall of the Farm and is a wonderful experience for kids of any age... They have a massive corn maze (Kylie called it a "corn puzzle" a few years ago) that we get lost in. There's a hayride, a gorgeous field of sunflowers and tons of free as well as inexpensive activities and games for children. This year MR joined us and we had a so much fun... He didn't think my pumpkin was pretty - he called it "weird" - but I think it's very "Martha Stewart," and he bought it for me anyway :) I've suggested B&B to numerous friends, co-workers and others, especially people who Cincinnati transplants, and everyone seems to love it! 
My jack-o-lantern and the "Martha" pumpkin
Kylie hiding in the corn maze.
The best photo of the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment