Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Friday, October 28, 2011

René of the Day // 10.10.11 // Hot Head

I'm not one of the many people I know who must get their Chipotle (say it right "chi-POt-lay") fix every week. But I do love a burrito every now and again. And when Hot Head Burritos opened in Oakley this past year, I planned to check it out... eventually. And then coupons arrived in the janky JB Dollar Stretcher Magazine - it was hard to pass up a "lil burrito" for $2.99. I don't go regularly but I don't just toss those glossy direct mail garbo catalogs anymore - I clip out the Hot Heads coupons and use them for what they're worth!

I've had the lil burrito and the lil bowls (options that I wish Chipotle would consider.) Although the rice isn't quite as great, I like that they let you choose to steam or grill the tortilla (numerous flavors) and they have spicy chicken. They offer more vegetables - plus pineapple - and a ton of sauces... it's hard to choose. I love their sweet habanero sauce. I wouldn't go often if it weren't for the coupons but it's hard to beat a filling dinner for $3 that isn't a gorging portion. This week it looks like the ad has jumped up to $3.99 for the lil guys - which I think is only a savings of 20 cents. But the people who work there are always super nice - I'll go alone and sit on the patio when the weather's nice and have a quiet dinner by myself when I'm not in the mood to cook.

I'm thrilled to have found something worth clipping from the mega magazine and a quick spot to grab dinner when I'm not sure what sounds good - the coupons on the fridge catch my eye and the decision is made. Try it out - it's not Chipotle but it has it's own unique qualities. Oh and they have stamp cards that earn free food and they give two stamps on Tuesdays, along with other deals throughout the week involving cookies and other items. Ole!

[As always, I'm not a restaurant critic. Just sharing my experiences.]

No comments:

Post a Comment