Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Friday, October 21, 2011

René of the Day // 10.6.11 // Pinning

I've played around a bit on Pinterest. It's easy to get lost in the endless inspiration and daydream over the gorgeous images and build your fairytale in boards. But I'm not yet addicted as some friends say they are and I've yet to find true value in the time spent playing around. Perhaps I need to spend more time digging deeper and pinning items I find on other sites. Another creative distraction is always welcome but to an extent I can't help but feel like I'm just dog-earring corners of magazine pages and wasting time - but it must be managed and my main focus has been my "Dream Home" board. As MR said the other week, "The studio is getting too small for the three of us, Fin." So in the meantime, when I have a few minutes to kill, I'll continue to search and ooh and awh at the endless fabulous photos on the site... But I wonder how often people take action on their pins - design a room based on your board, make a recipe you've liked or put together an outfit or bouquet arrangement that was found on the sight - it would be neat to see how many conversions came from this site.

View my boards here.

No comments:

Post a Comment