Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Friday, October 21, 2011

René of the Day // 10.3.11 // Sound Hound

For all the apps I have downloaded on my iPhone 4 in the past year and a half, there aren't many I use on a very frequent basis. I do use the recipe apps and my tip calculator when I'm out to dinner. And the kitchen calculator to translate recipes. But one that has become so fun to have, even if it doesn't solve any crucial needs, is Sound Hound.

Tap a button and it listens to a song that's playing and serves up the title and artist - tell me how many times you've needed this?! Rocking out to a new song or can't remember the tune that's on for the life of you or when you're going back and forth with someone trying to win the argument of who  a song is by - ah! It alleviates that silly frustration for me in the car on so many mornings! It's also fabulous for reviewing your recent history when researching and downloading songs for a new playlist. So download it - it's free! Look for this logo in the app store:

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love this app, makes it so simple to look up a song and the history makes its possible to recall the title. Great app!

    http://free-android-application.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete