Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Monday, October 10, 2011

René of the Day // 9.25.11 // $2 sammies @ Starbucks!

Pleasant surprise at SBux - their breakfast sandwiches are now $2 with the purchase of a beverage! w00t! Whenever I receive Starbucks gift cards, I tend to use them on their delicious sammies, since we have a Keurig machine at the office for warm AM drinks and I have a horrible habit of keep breakfast foods on hand at home.

I went for a little Friday morning salted caramel latté (I've had one pumpkin spice latté this season and it just didn't hit the spot like I remembered - Panera and Coffee Emporium do it better) I was thrilled to see a note about the sandwich special. I mean, that's less than I'd pay for a breakfast sandwich at McDonald's (which I wouldn't do anyhow - I only eat McGriddles when I'm severely hung over.) What a steal! Their hot breakfast options beat "fast food" any morning.

My favorites are the spinach & feta breakfast wrap with cage-free egg whites, feta, roasted tomatoes and spinach in a wheat wrap and the reduced-fat turkey bacon and white cheddar on ciabatta.

Read more about the deal here.

No comments:

Post a Comment