Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Monday, October 10, 2011

René of the Day // 9.26.11 // Goodbye, Housewives

There is the only one hour of television I watch every week: Desperate Housewives. It's not phenomenal programming but let's be honest, most people watch garage like Jersey Shore or Teen Mom which may be fun to watch, but I refuse to spend any of my pay check on cable for mindless entertainment. So this show is my free vice. I've watched since college - my mom liked it and I decided to rent the DVDs from Blockbuster and catch up to the current season. Then Becca and I would watch it together every Sunday at her apartment in Clifton, and the tradition continued when she and Lori moved into my apartment building in Hyde Park the year after we graduated.

Thank God she still follows the show with me - there are so many Monday mornings when I have to text her to remind me of the background and plot holes from seasons past. It's hard to believe this is the final season. I'm heartbroken that Tom and Lynette have split, as they've always been the most functional couple on Wisteria Lane. And shocked that Susan and Carlos told Mike that they killed Gabby's step-father... on pins and needles to see how we reacts in the next episode, since he just stormed off... cliff hanger!!! But quite frankly, it's not as riveting and the characters have changed so much, I don't get as excited to watch or bummed if I miss an episode anymore. Although I will publicly confess, I strive to be Bree VanDekamp some day. Her mannerisms, home, style and her culinary talent is all so admirable. Did you see the blue Le Creuset dutch oven on her stove last night? *swoon*

I've received recommendations to watch Grey's Anatomy, Dexter and a few other shows on DVD after this season ends since I also completed the Mad Men series through season 4. I think that will be my new show and since I don't have cable, Julie invited me to watch at her place. The great thing about finishing a series is it forces me to spend more time in the evenings reading books - of which there is an ever-growing stack of my mirrored night table. I have a few I'd like to plow through by the end of the year so although I'm sad to see the girls say goodbye after seven years, it's time.


No comments:

Post a Comment