Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Friday, October 21, 2011

René of the Day // 10.4.11 // Prayers

Sending out thoughts, prayers and wishes to a close friend and her family who have experienced a tremendous loss. Her brother took his life this week and after speaking with her in depth about the situation, my heart is lightened for the family as they mourn the loss. He was an unbelievable musician, one of the most kind hearted young men I've known. I'll always have sympathy for the grief he dealt with and struggled with and how those of us who are not experiencing anxiety or depression can't clearly relate to how - regardless of one's general quality of life - it can reach beyond one's control. My wish is that they stay strong, can lean into God to receive His strength and continue to live their lives in his honor - which I believe they're doing a spectacular job of achieving. How lucky they were and he was to have each other. God bless MS, his family and friends. Peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment