Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Sunday, May 22, 2011

René of the Day // 5.22 // Birthday Cake!

I have been away for 2 days celebrating my birth with wonderful friends and family! I'll post more on the festivities later - it deserves it's own - but looking forward to the big celebration, my birthday party with the family over Memorial Day weekend... 


HELP! I'm not much of a cake eater (watch it!) but a group birthday dessert is necessary for the fun family par-tay. I've scoured Martha Stewart's delectable list of her favorite cake recipes and have decided upon 3 potential pasteries. I share my party with my Uncle Jay who is the ultimate chocoaholic so we must keep him in mind! (Click the cakes for full recipes.)


Carrot Ginger Layer Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting














Ruffle Tower Cake















White Chocolate Sweet Potato Cake














Obviously, they all look beautiful! But... the key point is, which would taste the best? Leave a comment with your vote. I'll post a photo after the party Memorial Day weekend so you can see the gorgeous final product which will be made by mom or possibly my Aunt Cathy, who are both fabulous bakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment