Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Tuesday, May 31, 2011

René of the Day // 5.31.11 // She's Crafty

You may have seen these posted on my Facebook or previous blog on Tumblr, "Small Girl: Big World" but I wanted them to be featured here because I enjoyed them today as I ate dinner at my kitchen table.

My mom hosted a Willow House party this spring and I fell in love with the little glass thimble dome set. They reminded me of "Alice in Wonderland" and I knew I could make a cute and whimsical little series to decorate my apartment for the coming months of sunshine!

I went to JoAnn Fabrics and purchased bright green moss balls, a little nest and eggs, a bird and a butterfly and also pulled from some loose moss I have in a hurricane from Pottery Barn on a bookcase. Below are photos of the completed work. It was fun to do something crafty (hopefully you can see this is a different manner of "crafty" than the Beastie Boys bump about) and they look lovely on my table.





No comments:

Post a Comment