Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Thursday, May 26, 2011

René of the Day // 5.26.11 // A Bottle or Two

Or three... usually four is how things go when my aunt Chrissy AKA Kiki comes home from Chicago. Our favorite wine shop, A Bottle or Two, hosts Thirsty Thursday. We decided to meet there for our traditional tasting to celebrate her trip home and enjoy the sips and swirls with savings!

For $5 you receive 6 tastings (see image of list below); this week's selections were "Patio Pounders" - great light wines for pairing with Memorial Day munchies. The pinot noir was quite unique for the varietal, which happens to be one of my favorites, and it was my top choice in this tasting. Bright flavor with dark red fruit notes.

We always have a great time at A Bottle or Two; the selection of wine is fabulous and uncommon - so many wine shops have the same selection, over and over - and they have an exciting beer section, as well. The small room in the back is great for exclusive tastings which we've loved and the cheese and other savories they serve are always divine.

I highly encourage any Cincy oneophiles or those interested in learning more about wine to visit ABOT; the owner, David, will be happy to walk you through options, tasting profiles and pairings. Become a Fan on Facebook or follow them on Twitter.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment