Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Sunday, January 8, 2012

René of the Day // 11.12.11 // JLC Tour of Kitchens



In an effort to raise money and sell the latest Junior League of Cincinnati cookbook, Cincinnati Seasoned, the league held a tour of fabulous kitchens in Cincinnati. Beginning at Keidel, a beautiful showroom of bathrooms and kitchens to purchase for your home, participants were given directions for a self-guided tour around the city. For $25, you could visit incredible kitchens – from contemporary to classic and LEED-certified, they were truly amazing spaces on display. Additionally, the cookbooks were available for purchase at a discount priced at each home and an array of recipes from the cookbook were sampled. Some homes had cooking demonstrations, wine tastings, features from local restaurants and the homes architects were present to discuss the kitchens.

The event was a great success and next year I look forward to taking the entire tour. This year I volunteered and sold cookbooks from one home for half of the day enjoyed getting to know more League members and promoting our efforts in the city.

Order Cincinnati Seasoned cookbook for $32.95 here
Keidel showroom


No comments:

Post a Comment