Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Wednesday, January 18, 2012

René of the Day // 11.30.11 // The season in review

We celebrated the season for the I'd Hit That softball team at El Rancho Grande (AKA "The Big Nasty") and enjoyed margaritas, chips + salsa and queso sticks (served with ketchup - WTF?!) Of course, what's an event for our office without the commentary of our former "Two and a Half Men" copywriter??? I had to share his intro and my bio so I can capture it for always:

The year in review: copy-only collector's edition


How does one define "victory?" With "runs?" With frivolous little "points?" We often tell ourselves that the team that "scores the most" is the team that "wins" - but is this really the case? We of the 2011 I'd Hit That softball team think otherwise. We say that victory belongs to those who dominate in the fun department. And in this regard, we never knew defeat. Our roster included the following all-stars:


René "René Brunelle" Brunelle:
René was often seen wandering around in the outfield, leisurely weaving daisies into chains, or perusing magazines in search of the latest news on corn refiners. But this lackadaisical facade belied the heart of a ruthless competitor. When anything was hit in her direction, she'd strike like a deranged cobra before instantly returning to her private happy world.


I have to say, it made me giggle. I did not in fact futz around in the outfield - I was proud of some of the plays I made and enjoyed the comments on how fast my little legs ran to first base. It was a hell of a season - but I just realized, we didn't have a mascot....

No comments:

Post a Comment