Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Tuesday, January 17, 2012

René of the Day // 11.17.12 // La Poste


The former Tink’s space off Ludlow in Clifton exceeded my expectations. Mrs. (!!) Kris and I went to catch up post-wedding and since they just moved to Indy and she was back home for the week. We had to celebrate her job, too! As soon as we walked in the door, we ran into one of my fav sommeliers, Eric Faber, who I initially met with my mom at A Bottle or Two. He also took Amy Scalia of Cincy Chic and me on a hot air balloon ride last summer… I loved the tempranillo that was his current featured selection on the menu and we decided to split a selection of appetizers. We chose scallops, salad, crab cake and flat bread.

Kris surprised me with the cutest painting of a Westie that looks just like shaggy Findlay – it is so sweet! (See photo below) I think he likes to look up at “his” masterpiece above the armchair in the studio.

One amazing aspect of the restaurant is they use their wall space and as a rotating art gallery of work by local artists. The current paintings of Cincinnati was sensational -  by Cole Carothers, the owner was happy to discuss with us. The name of the restaurant is also charming – the building was originally built as a post office. The check was neatly folded and presented in a time hand-stamped envelope – little touches like this make a cute place unique, inspiring and worthy of a return visit.

Read the menu on the La Poste website here.

*As always, I’m not a food critic, just a lover of food and fine dining.

The salad of the season

Painting of Findlay

No comments:

Post a Comment