Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Sunday, January 8, 2012

René of the Day // 11.9.11 // Annabell's Brunch

This adorable hole in the wall in Mt Lookout has been calling my name for years but I’d never managed to make it there until now. My friend Angie called me to do brunch and great minds think alike as we both threw it out as an idea. The key is to get there early – there’s less than 10 tables in this etsy-esque little café. But even if you have to wait – it’s worth it! Loads of options with fresh local produce,  cheeses and unique dishes. The huveous rancheros was phenomenal. It was hard to choose this over the egg scramble with fall squashes (pumpkin, butternut) and two other people in our party loved it. The vintage tables, glass pastry domes on the counter filled with goodies and cute artwork on the walls make this sunny spot the ideal start to a weekend morning. The only down fall, which is why I’ve yet to take MR, is that people wait inside the door for a table so they’re hovering over you as you eat – which he despises. It can be difficult to relax and enjoy a meal when you know you’ll be hustled out.

So go early and enjoy this gem – I can’t wait to sample more of the menu. 


No comments:

Post a Comment