Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Thursday, January 19, 2012

René of the Day // 12.3.11 // Aloha!

I’m just jealous. My parents and my niece are in Maui for the week. They’ve rented a condo at Maui Eldorado for a few years in a row and I’m hoping to go in the next few years. In high school I dreamt of going to the University of Hawaii and even ordered a sweatshirt.

The condo is on a golf course and has a full kitchen with granite counter tops, a private patio and a cabana on the beach with a web came so we can watch them play in the surf. There’s great snorkeling nearby and with a car rental, a decent drive to the craters and waterfalls. They took a boat cruise and Chip and Kylie took surfing lessons – cowabunga! They attended a traditional luau with a suckling pig and Kylie picked up the fallen plumerias from the bushes each day and they strung a lei with the sewing kit they packed – how fun! They said it smelled wonderful but unfortunately you can’t bring them back home.

Ky is such a lucky little girl to go on such an amazing trip at this age. I think she loved the adventures – Mom said she was a great traveler and she would choose her to go with her on the Amazing Race because she can bolt through an airport with a backpack and a rollercase like a pro! LOL Hopefully I can take her on a fabulous trip some day, too.

It sounds and looks like they had a wonderful Hawaiian Christmas holiday – mali kaliki maka! Here are some of my favorite photos from their trip:


Kylie hanging ten! 







No comments:

Post a Comment