Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Tuesday, January 17, 2012

René of the Day // 11.20.11 // UT vs. Vandy


I’d had plans to stay in Cincinnati and go to a surprise birthday party this weekend. But Vale decided to take Maura to the Tennessee game so of course MR insisted that he brought me, too. We drove down Saturday morning in Vale’s big funeral home pick-up truck with his friends from work. We tailgated in our usual spot, the park on Lake Ave. Once we got to the game, the three couples spilt into different seats – it was the first time I sat in MR’s season ticket seats (see photos below).  They have an awesome view! Second row of second level, slightly to the left behind the goal post. It was the most fun UT game I’ve gone to…  Great view of the field and scoreboard.

At this game MR introduced me to Petro’s Chili & Chips (I’m still trying to figure out why he waited so long!) It’s a Tennessee tradition, with chili in a little bucket, topped with sour cream, onions, tomatoes, chili cheese, Fritos, olives, black beans and hot sauce – ah-maz-ing! Oh, and their hint of orange sweet tea is wonderful, too. (Even more wonderful when you dump airplane bottles of vodka in it, since SEC stadiums are dry and you start dragging ass at third quarter after tailing for four hours before the game. Oof.) MR had some chili and I had to taste it. Then later I got one – and he got another. Oy! (Or oink?) The game went into overtime so we went to sit with everyone else and it was unreal… a 90-yard interception return to touchdown in the last seconds of the game!!! We were all jumping up and down and yelling – so exciting! I know that a close victory over Vandy isn't anything to be overly proud of but it was still a fun game.

We went to Cool Beans after the game (of course) and MR met a UT alum who now plays for the Texans. After a few pitchers and catching up with their old college friends, we took a cab back to the hotel and passed out hard – very happy I decided to make the last minute trip to Knoxville.



View from MR's season tickets




No comments:

Post a Comment