Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Monday, August 22, 2011

René of the Day // 8.10.11 // Kids in the Kitchen

As my involvement in JLC kicks off, I'd love to share some information about my first committee. This year I'll be involved with Kids in the Kitchen, JLC's signature project, an initiative to empower youth to make healthy lifestyle choices and help reverse the growth of childhood obesity and its associated health issues.

I'm thrilled to work with this effort because of my love for food and enjoyment of working with and helping children. This initiative began in 2006 with the goal of engaging kids in the preparation of healthy meals and developing better habits at home. I'm really looking forward to meeting the kids at the schools we sponsor and learning what they think and watch them grow as we interact with them. I think so many people hate vegetables as kids because they're forced to eat them and they never learn ways to love them - how inspiring to show them ways to make better choices and perhaps foster a love for cooking too!

To learn more or find out how you can help, visit http://kidsinthekitchen.ajli.org/.

No comments:

Post a Comment