Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Wednesday, July 20, 2011

René of the Day // 7.19.11 // Junior League

Thrilled to announce that I've joined the 2011-2012 Provisional Class of the Junior League of Cincinnati! This is an organization that I've hoped to join since I graduated from college and this just happened to be a great year to take the time to pursue the opportunity. I'm really looking forward to making a greater contribution to our community and growing professionally and personally through the exciting experiences ahead. A few of my girlfriends from college and colleagues from work are also involved so it should serve as a wonderful networking platform and chance to volunteer for beneficial and well-organized events and efforts in Cincinnati. Their philanthropic efforts are focused on the well-being and enhancement of the lives of children through high-touch outreach, which is truly inspiring - the three projects we're focusing on in our Provisional year sound like they will be fantastic learning experiences and will produce remarkable results for all involved - I can't wait!

What is Junior League?

The Junior League of Cincinnati is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. The Junior League of Cincinnati is an exclusively educational, charitable organization which reaches out to women of all races, religions, or national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.

No comments:

Post a Comment