Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Wednesday, July 13, 2011

René of the Day // 7.12.11 // Blue Balls

Last night we wrapped a hell of a season of kick ball for Team Blue Balls for Cincinnati Sports League! We played at Lunken every Tuesday night from May through July and came out 9-3. I truly wondered what my friends were thinking when they asked me to play - I'm no all-star. But I ended up feeling pretty confident in my playing skills - made some good kicks and runs, but it's safe to leave the fielding to other teammates lol It was a fun group of MR's high school buddies and I really appreciated that they asked me to join them... And I think it's fair to say the free post-game pitcher/bucket of beer at MLT was the best part!

The past few weeks we had been winning 10-1, 9-1, kicking ass and taking names... When it came to the championship round last night, I was a few moments late - they're always afraid I won't make it because I'm usually at the office until at least 6:30 most nights - and was a little saucy & exhausted from a company canoeing trip. We came back in the end of the first game but lost 9-5. They happened to be one of the first teams we played in the season and had beat us then.

All in all, we had a great time, despite playing in sweltering heat, monsoon rain and lack of team branding (we really need to get t-shirts)! It's a shame we can't count it as exercise, since the 4 beers you drain per game cancel out any calories you burn...

Cheers to the Blue Balls - to a great season and a hell of a team!

No comments:

Post a Comment