Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Tuesday, July 19, 2011

René of the Day // 7.18.11 // Bucket List: Cooking Vacations

When I saw a link on National Geographic's Twitter feed for "Ten U.S. Cooking Vacations" I salivated. Two of my greatest passions are food (cooking) and traveling... to combine the two is my ultimate bliss. I'm thrilled to say I've been to some of these popular culinary getaways but I've only dined in great restaurants - I haven't had the opportunity to dive into culinary travel like the trips offered by Epitourean (how wonderful is that name?)

From the list, Napa Valley is floating on the top of my bucket... I'm hoping I can finally take a trip with my well-seasoned Mom and Aunt Chrissy next year, since we've talked about going since I was in college - it's about time they brought me along! MR and I have plans for a trip to Asheville, NC next spring to visit The Biltmore Estate. I'd love to spend a summer holiday in Maine - the summer as a camp counselor in Connecticut came close but boy, do I love New England. Santa Fe and Savannah, Georgia are also on the list and some old friends rave of Santa Fe and perhaps I could swing by Savannah to see the "Hostess City" on a trip to see family and friends in Atlanta - who can refuse Southern delicacies?

I've had memorable dinners in New Orleans at Galatoires the week of New Year's two years ago, MR and I had lovely meals at High Cotton and 82 Queen in Charleston, SC this spring. I have in fact seen Julia Child's kitchen in the Smithsonian in Washington, DC and also explored the culinary treasures of NYC the summer of 2007 while I was interning.

So ultimately this list of trips is an entire chapter of my bucket list - packing my bags & bon apetit!

To read the full article, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment