Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Monday, July 18, 2011

René of the Day // 7.16.11 // Stand

On my old iPod (which will have the same music for eternity as it is linked to the iTunes on my old laptop that only turns on if it's plugged in and Findlay chewed through the cord - if anyone knows how to get music from an old iPod onto your new iTunes without wiping out what's currently there, please help me solve the mystery!) I had a playlist called "For a Great Day." It always did the trick if I was down in the dumps, needed an energy boost to get hyped or just wasn't sure what I was in the mood for...

I need to make a current "Great Day" playlist and this song would be on it - "Stand" by Rascal Flatts. Although I love country music, they've never been one of my favorite bands. But for work we had to submit a song that inspires us a few months ago and they created a CD with everyone's favorite cuts and that's when I first heard this song. The lyrics propel me into an awesome mood and inspire me on the longest, hardest days to just keep on keepin' on - you have to love that! It's one of those songs that I blare in the Yaris then I get back in my car at the end of the day, turn the key in the ignition and get blown away by the speakers lol 

"'Cause when push comes to shove / you taste what you're made of / you might bend til you break / 'cause it's all you can take / on your knees you look up, decide you've had enough / you get mad, you get strong / wipe your hands, shake it off / then you stand."


No comments:

Post a Comment