Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Tuesday, July 12, 2011

René of the Day // 7.11.11 // Google Doodles

Don't they just make your day? I love when I open the search browser and there's a lovely image that leaves me guessing for what the special anniversary of the day is - a deceased artist's birthday? A creative picture of a holiday or fun games - who didn't waste at least one billable hour on the Pac Man one?! Google started creating these in 2000 with very simple festive designs for New Year's, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's and Day, Groundhog's Day. They became more intuitive in 2002 with the Olympic Games and featured their first artist, Piet Mondrian, with his classic primary color block style featured in the Google letters. They really started making it zesty in 2003 when they carved the David in the Google logo for remembrance of his birthday and they've continued to feature creatively designed logos almost every day of the year. The Persian New Year logos are always beautiful. Bravo to Google for this daily history lesson and snippet of entertainment!

It's super fun to browse the archive of Google "logos" as they call them. Check them out here: http://www.google.com/logos/


These are some of my favorites:
Vincent Van Gogh's Birthday
Vincent Van Gogh's birthday
Frank Lloyd Wright's Birthday
















Frank Llyod Wright's birthday
Louis Braille's Birthday
Louis Braille's birthday
Earth Day
Earth Day
TiSP - Happy April Fools
April Fools Day (MR's birthday!)
First Day of Spring - Design by Eric Carle
First day of Spring by Eric Carle (one of my favorite childhood author/illustrators!)
Mother's Day
Mother's Day
Josef Frank's 125th Birthday
Josef Frank's 125th birthday
76th Birthday of Roger Hargreaves
76th birthday of Roger Hargreaves
Earth Day
Earth Day

No comments:

Post a Comment