Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Monday, July 4, 2011

René of the Day // 7.2.11 // Words of Wisdomish

Can you believe how much Facebook has changed? From the interface to the capabilities, it's practically nothing like the Facebook we signed up for in college that was strictly for students - I think the only thing that hasn't changed is the profile picture. Remember the little box for a comment or quote under your photo? And bumper stickers? Those were the days... I had glanced at my info the recently and realized I had this novel of quotes on my page and thought, "Okay René, you've graduated from college, no need to share the philosophies of others that you admire on your social networking platforms." But some of the words are ones I don't want to lose, so I'm posing them here to keep for future reference.

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me." - Jack Nicholson

"The best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at something worth doing."

"The core of one's spirit comes from new experiences." - Alexander Supertramp

“I’m not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful.” - Marilyn Monroe

"Failures are worth more than successes. You learn more from those experiences. You work for success, but it's the failures that will help you get to the next success." - Charlie Trotter

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"LET IT BE." - The Beatles

"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart."

"O ba la dee, o ba la da, life goes on, brah, la la la la life goes on" - The Beatles

"Cincinnati, I thought was the most beautiful of the inland cities of the Union." - Winston Churchill

"I didn't invent the rainy day - I just own the best umbrella."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities." - Albert Einstein

"Minds are like parachutes; they only function when open." - Thomas R. Dewar

If you don't paddle your own canoe, you don't move.

"Success is not final; failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts."

"When you've got nothing left, all you can do is get into silk underwear and start reading Proust." - Jane Birkin

No comments:

Post a Comment