Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Saturday, July 2, 2011

René of the Day // 6.31.11 // When the sun goes down...

"It's a smile... it's a kiss... it's a sip of wine... it's the summertime!"

It always a fabulous start to the season when you have tickets in hand for a show at Riverbend! I had the Kenny Chesney, Uncle Kracker & Billy Currington concert on my iCal for months... Last year MR introduced me to Billy - texting me his lyrics as he played at the CMT Festival in Nashville. Then he bought me some of his CDs for Valentine's Day. It's too bad he wasn't able to come home for the show but 4th of July is one of the busiest weekends of the year for Pepsi, so naturally he's working through Monday.

Sid and her roomie Michelle knew I was dying to go and called me to say her friend had a ticket for $52 - I jumped on it like Kenny's gal on his sexy tractor. We had margaritas and beers in our shit kickers for happy hour then headed to the sold out show... We had a great time! Saw my sister and Phil and ran into some other friends... And when the sun went down, things did get hotter - Brett Michaels appeared on stage and played "Every Rose Has it's Thorn" - a classic NéNé fav!

It has never happened to me before but all the songs from the show were in my head as I slept that night and all the next day... they put on a damn good show, fantastic summer memories made!

No comments:

Post a Comment