Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Wednesday, August 31, 2011

René of the Day // 8.17.11 // Presente dall'Italia


After our trip to England, my mom and my aunt jetted to Italy for the next week to celebrate their 50 birthdays - how fabulous! I certainly envied them. They spent a few days in Rome and a few days in Florence, visiting museums, areas of interest, drinking wine and gorging on pasta, cheese and fresh produce. Surprisingly, they were not overly thrilled with the food. This was sad news to hear, as I think many of us dream of a culinary cruise through Italy, marinating our insides with fine wine and eating until we must be rolled back to our hotels. But it sounded like the trip of a lifetime - of course they saw the Trevi fountain, the Arch of Constantine, the Colosseum and the Leaning Tower of Piza and more...

I visited my mom the week after she came home and she gave me two very sweet gifts - an apron with a really neat illustration of the country of Italy and it's different cities and landmarks painted on the front. And a silver rosary - with little roses for the beads that she bought from a nun at the Vatican. This was such a sweet, thoughtful gift and my mom knows I'm researching the RCIA process and how I admired my grandmother and kept little plastic rosarys in a shoebox at her house as a kid. I have a plastic orange one behind her photo on my desk at home that I got at Gate of Heaven cemetery where she rests.

Below are a few fun photos from their trip and my beloved new rosary.
The rosary - my presente dall'Italia
The vineyard where they enjoyed a wine tasting & dinner
Classic, Kiki!
Arch of Constantine & Colosseum

No comments:

Post a Comment