Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Wednesday, December 7, 2011

René of the Day // 10.20.11 // Premiere Party: Cincinnati Chocolate Festival

Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate! As a volunteer (turned part-time pro bono employee) for the second annual Cincinnati Chocolate Festival, I had the pleasure of being a guest at the Premiere Party at the Midwest Culinary Institute. It was an absolutely delicious evening, with a chocolate-themed dinner including prosecco from A Bottle or Two, beer from Christian Moerlein, cheeses, wonderful prime rib, risotto and more. Of course, the dessert table was death by chocolate - not kidding, you could've been trampled. My mom purchased a ticket to join me and my aunt and uncle (he's a total chocoholic!) were given tickets so we had a great time together. Enjoy the photos, wipe the drool from your keyboard.


My favorites - chocolate whoopie pies with passion fruit sauce by Megan Ketover.





No comments:

Post a Comment