Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Thursday, December 22, 2011

René of the Day // 11.7.11 // NashVegas

Yet another wonderful weekend in the south. I will truly miss it when MR moves back up this way, either to Louisville or Cincinnati in the next year (fingers and toes crossed). Friday we had a nice dinner at Mauricio's, perhaps the nicest restaurant we've found in Cookeville. The restaurant is in a beautiful old home and the service was great. The food was alright - not bad Italian but again, we're in Cookeville. It's just really enjoyable to have dinner together - sadly, this may only happen once or twice a month for us. The fabulous thing about CookeVegas is the quite alone time. We have a blast at home seeing all of our friends and family, and I'm sure you've read this before but we're always drunk, stuffed or tired lol It's never just "normal" - running from friends to family to this event or that party. In Cookeville we can relax and turn our phones off without feeling guilty or like we're missing out on anything. Then Saturday, we usually go to Knoxville (football games at UT) or to see friends in Nashville... which we did!

Saturday morning we drove to Cool Springs to meet Missy and Baby Ellie Rose for lunch at the Cool Springs Brewery for lunch. We had so much fun playing with the little cutie, having a few beers and watching football. She had a grand ole time with MR and his BlackBerry "toy" (see below). After a long lunch, we went to Kenny's to relax and watch the big LSU/Alabama game and ordered pizza. It was a hell of game... but I needed a nap so I missed the end, dammit.

Then we went honky tonkin'. I hadn't been out downtown in months so it was a blast. We went to the Trailer Park and then Legends. The Bengals game was this weekend so I bumped into a ton of friends from Cincy on the streets and in the bar so that was a fun surprise. I was not impressed that MR gave his tickets to the game away to a customer but I understood he didn't want me to have to drive home so late after the game... Next year! :)

Sunday morning MR kept his promise to take me to the famous Pancake Pantry. I always wanted to go when he lived in Nash but we never woke up early enough to brave the hour-long line around the corner... It was SO worth it! We met a really nice couple who actually went to Vanderbilt right near MR's old apartment and actually now live right near his parents in Cincinnati! They were visiting for the game - the husband is a pilot and was doing the fly-over at the game. The restaurant looked like a Cracker Barrel inside and the service wasn't great but the food certainly was! I had the Village Smitty Santa Fe Cornmeal Cakes - with bacon, cheddar, and roasted green chiles inside, maple syrup, hot picante salsa and sour cream on the side - wow!! MR had classic chocolate chip, of course.

Then as we sat down he asked if I saw who drove by in the black Bentley as we were waiting outside... NO?! He replied, "Well, since you're not really into celebrities I didn't want to say anything, but Keith Urban rolled right past us." WHAT! Ugh. I said to tell me next time, for sure. So many celebrities live in Nashville because of the country music scene and he's seen tons of them but I never have. I asked if Nicole was with him and he said she wasn't.

After breakfast I decided to go to Green Hills Mall - I'm not a big fan of shopping BUT they have Z Gallerie (which closed in Cincy), a Kate Spade store, Tory Burch and Kiehl's. He was driving back to Cookeville and once we got on the street I was stopped at the light behind him texting Kenny to say thanks for letting us stay at his place. MR called and asks why I didn't see him waving his arms out of the window of his car like a fool to get my attention -??? Evidently Keith rolled by AGAIN and this time Nicole Kidman was in Bentley, too! AHH! Are you kidding me? Totally missed them... #fail

But it was a really fun weekend... I know I'll miss these when we're finally in the same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment