Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Wednesday, December 14, 2011

René of the Day // 10.29.11 // Halloweeen Party!

BOO! Just kidding. We didn't dress as anything scary - just as awesome stuff. Like a Freudian Slip, an orange barrel, a Pinky Lady, the Black Swan... and MR. A pair of Depends should've been in order for the laughs we had that night. We tried to fit Maura in the back of the Yaris and the barrel pushed up and covered all but the top of her head with the headband fitted with the flashing orange light LOL Caution!

And Sanker dressed up as MR. He had texted me earlier in the day as I was taking a nap and I thought, "What the hell ever that means, I'll just see later - I'm not going to try to figure it out" and I rolled over. He showed up to Vale's house (note: Vale and MR were at a UT game in Knoxville) and we died... He was wearing khakis, boat shoes, a camo jacket, a Black n Mild, a Miller Lite in a coozie, and UT shirt and hat. Then he told me he needed me to "do his eyebrows." Bless it. I painted on thick bushy brows with Lindsey's eyeliner pencil - and he insisted on making them bigger. He posed for us downstairs and we cracked up... but something was missing. Sanker is a slim dude... MR has a big barrel chest. I made him stuff a pillow under the shirt. The girls thought it may be offensive but as soon as he did it, it became the best costume EVER! I was laughing so hard I was crying with tears rolling down my cheeks!!! When we got to Dave's party, the guys yelled, "ROBERS IS IN TOWN!!!" as they always do when MR visits - hilarious. And everyone who saw it on Facebook debated whether or not it was really him - HAHA! Twas a good night.



No comments:

Post a Comment