Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Saturday, June 11, 2011

René of the Day // 6.10.11 // French Strawberry Torte & Friends


Isn't this French Strawberry Torte from The BonBonerie absolutely divine? Last night I had a delicious dinner at Stone Creek Dining Company with my mom and her cousin Colleen and two of her friends, Janey and Amanda, who have become good friends of ours over the past few years. It's quite hard to schedule an evening for the 5 of us to get together but it was successful! First of all, the bottle of Coppola Claret I shared with Mom was so nice - well balanced with fruit, smooth tannins and I loved the tobacco aroma. I ordered the Applewood Bacon Wrapped Salmon with lime teriyaki glaze and napa slaw and had to have sweet potato fries with aioli... it was all fantastic!

After dinner, we went to Janey's new home (well, we've been trying to find time to celebrate the new home for a few years lol) and it was so adorable; she is the most gracious hostess. She has fantastic taste; I felt like I was walking through Pottery Barn with great pops of color. And I had some serious kitchen-envy of her cool backsplash and Sub-Zero fridge. The best part was her stinkin' cute little red head Elise came down to say hello in her ladybug pj's.

We enjoyed wine and the cake by candlelight on the screened in patio and it was just so nice to relax, chat and laugh - they're all hilarious, successful and gorgeous women and I hope to learn from all of them for when I'm a wife and mother. I am so blessed to have such strong, smart and funny women in my life to model myself after. I truly wish we can find the time to see each other more often. Cheers, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment