Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Wednesday, June 8, 2011

René of the Day // 6.8.11 // The List

Those who know me well - and many who do not - know that I love food, wine, cocktails and dining out. Forget shopping, I'll go broke enjoying five course meals and drowning in bottles of fancy port. I always keep The List of the restaurants I'd love to try and persistently plan adventures with my appetite to cross places off The List. So today I, René, will share The List publicly. If you see a restaurant you'd like to explore with me, please, leave a comment - let's go! If I'm missing something, please, leave a comment so I can add it to The List. These are all Cincinnati spots. (The national list includes Girl in the Fig, The Stinking Rose, Per Se, Charlie Trotter, Daniel, French Laundry & Ad Hoc to name a few...) The two most recent escapades have been to Nicola's and China Gourmet. And so it goes:

The Celestial (Currently without liquor license; won a bet against MR on NYE so I have earned this!)
Quarter Bistro
Nectar
Annabelle's
Virgil's
Bouquet
Barresi
Scotti's
Tano Bistro
York St. Café
Fork Heart Knife
Iron Horse Inn
Argentine Bean
Golden Lamb
La Poste Eatery (Have a Groupon!)
Pompilio's
Chez Nora
Germano's
Ollie's Trolley
Cincinnati Dinner Train (Making plans for this with MR & friends)
The Painted Fish
A Tavola
Skinny Pig
Turophilia (Aistream Quesadilla trailer)
Stuffed on Vine

No comments:

Post a Comment