Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Wednesday, June 29, 2011

René of the Day // 6.29.11 // The Daily

I do René of the Day. Crossroads does The Daily. Last year my friend Becca encouraged me to sign up for this email subscription that provides inspiration for topics to include in your prayers and insight on Bible verses and thought-provoking content each morning. 


Today's thought was really pertinent to me. It was titled "Just Enjoy Work." It read:


God, replace my worries with contentment in the work you've set before me. Help me find joy and satisfaction in my work.


I love and enjoy my work. It's nice to have a refreshing reminder of how lucky it is to have a job that makes you happy and that it should never be taken for granted. That it has been earned and should be appreciated. Even -or especially - on 10+ hour stressful days. Beyond career, I think this applies to other aspects of life, even as simple as yard work or volunteering experiences. When working towards any goal, it's important to reflect on how the effort betters our community and world and that all participation is imperative. And how blessed it is to have the ability to serve and learn. This email influenced my thoughts today and I will continue to keep this in mind while I whistle and work. 


If you'd like to receive emails like the one mentioned above and from Crossroads and The Daily or learn more before you sign up, click here



No comments:

Post a Comment