Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Monday, June 20, 2011

René of the Day // 6.19.11 // Happy Father's Day!

Here's to that ole Southern boy who lives his life for his little girls... Daddy, thank you for teaching me to toughen up, to earn my keep, never quit, to cheer for the Florida Gators and for putting me through college. I would not become who I am without your guidance, support and wallet ;)

I love you - Happy Father's Day SEB!



Funny story about this photo... I called to wish him a Happy Father's Day and we chatted about his weekend and his great golf game (3 pars, a birdie and shot 85) and I told him what MR and I were up to in Cookeville. He said he saw the photo of the Soapbox Derby on my Facebook page - and also a picture of me on some guy's lap with a beard - he knew it wasn't MR and guessed it was one of his buddies... I had no clue what he was talking about. He isn't very tech savvy so I guessed he was looking at someone else's page and didn't realize it. Ten minutes later he called back - it was the photo above, of himself in my profile picture for Father's Day! LOL The old fool didn't even recognize himself HAHA... I suppose it makes sense - he just shaved that beard a few months ago for the first time in 25+ years.

No comments:

Post a Comment