Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Monday, June 27, 2011

René of the Day // 6.27.11 // Get 'em Gators!

The Florida Gators play the South Carolina Gamecocks in the College World Series tonight. I'm not watching - I don't have cable and I don't have time to sit in a sports bar all evening but I'm still rooting for my Gator guys!

This is Game 1 of the finals and the Cocks are standing champs... MR's sister was a great college athlete at USC so I'm hoping to have a little dirt to rub in her face this weekend in the name of good fun ;) My co-worker who sits across from me is also a South Carolina alum so it's always a trip to mess with each other, too - I like to make chomps at him. I love how many SEC fans are in our office - literally heard the countdown to football season is 17 weeks today. Wild.

And because everyone always asks why I'm a Florida fan, I can explain. My family is from Gainesville. My grandparents moved there by way of Massachusetts then upstate New York as my grandfather worked for GE - their final move brought them to Cincinnati in my dad's final years of high school. He grew up at The Swamp and even though he's worked for UC for over 20 years, he still says "Baby, you have to cheer for where your heart is and mine's still down south." Since UC wasn't much of a football team until recent years, I'd adopted Daddy's Gator pride that I grew up with. One of the best games I've ever attended was when UC played Florida at the Sugar Bowl on New Years Day in New Orleans - who would have ever thought those two teams would play each other?! And God bless it, I miss Tebow.

GO GATORS!

No comments:

Post a Comment