Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Monday, June 20, 2011

René of the Day // 6.17.11 // Scavengers


Friday I roamed Cincinnati on a work-related scavenger hunt. The goal was to be inspired by our city and capture photos linked to points that earned my team a victory of second place! We stole a Segway (sort of), took over the stage on Fountain Square, learned that everybody cha cha’s, hijacked a bus at the Freedom Center and scarfed a coney and a gyro with a flying pig at Findlay Market – all in a day’s work.

My Inspiration Team is a phenomenal group and we had a great time strategizing which places were worth the points and navigating as we laughed and snapped some incredible shots of Cincy. I was so impressed with the ideas and challenges the other teams took on and the whole day was an exciting adrenaline rush.

I’ve shared some of my favorite photos:

Assasinated president (50 pts) + yoga pose (5 pts) + handstand (5 pts) = awesome!

Posing with a local celeb – Jean Robert = 50 pts

Winner of Best Optical Illusion – Haley kissing Jim Tarbell in OTR

It’s really neat to work for a company that is so inspiring, creative and motivated to provide great experiences and outlets for its employees. Everyone had so much fun and I would dare say we all learned a little more about our city! Every month I wonder what the next team will come up with – and it just keeps getting better and better. Now, I’m tempted to re-tool this scavenger hunt and challenge some friends to another round – GAME ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment