Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Monday, June 6, 2011

René of the Day // 6.6.11 // All the Buzz

Read all about it! The tiny town of Cookeville, TN, where MR currently resides, was in USA Today this morning.

"Tennessee: Cookeville - Putnam County deputies who responded to a 911 call about a 'loud machinery noise' in the area discovered that the caller and his wife were bugged by cicadas. Cpl. Joe Davis said no cicadas were arrested. The cicadas are part of a population that emerges every 13 years."

Really?! I'd like to see cicada-sized hand (um, wing?) cuffs if they did attempt to arrest insect wildlife. Tell you a little something about the fine city of CookeVegas?

No comments:

Post a Comment