Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Sunday, June 5, 2011

René of the Day // 6.5.11 // Wishful Thinking

I like to think I live simply. In my efficient studio apartment, with my Toyota Yaris... I don't go tanning or regularly have my hair or nails done. I do like to indulge in a great meal or drink but generally, I get by on the necessities - I don't have cable and I pick up wifi from Hyde Park Square. But the other day I was thinking I cannot wait until I have a house (as I've thought since college as I browse real estate listings when I'm bored)... It is nice to just make a phone call when the toilet leaks and to have someone else picking up the tab for the AC. But I truly yearn to be a homeowner for the following things:

-Washer & dryer 
I haul my laundry to my parents in Loveland a few times a month because the industrial sets at my apartment cost $1 to wash and to dry and they leave my clothes rough and not smelling clean - ick.
Dishwasher
-I don't always mind doing them; it's fun to play in the water and it's a good stress reliever. But it's time consuming and I'm sure a Whirlpool could do a better job getting caked-on food off of my Le Creuset than I can... 
-Garage
My car is left to the elements (except in the work garage) and it would be incredible to have a winter without shoveling and scraping or a summer without burned butt cheeks on hot seats - le sigh.
-Backyard
How convenient it would be to open a door for Findlay to let himself out and run around! The process of leash, stairs, etc is quite annoying at times. And also to be able to grill outside rather than on a George Foreman! 
-Bigger kitchen
Speaking of the tiny George Foreman, I have 4x2 feet of workable counter space... I do make some fantastic meals in this tiny kitchen but to have space to bake and prep would be fabulous.
-Larger closet & chest of drawers
It's impossible to keep all of my clothes in the small space; I trade out seasons in my old closet at home. And although I could purchase a set of drawers, it would look out of place so I use two 3-drawer Rubbermaid sets inside my closet. And hell, even just a separate living room and bedroom would be nice!

It will be at least a year and a half until I have an abode that fulfills these wishes but until then, I am content in my cute little 1930s space with built-in desk, hardwood floors and a 2 minute walk to the Square. It's the little things...



No comments:

Post a Comment