Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Tuesday, June 28, 2011

René of the Day // 6.28.11 // Smash

Super awesome gift I have to share - *Smash Journal. I received this for my birthday about a month or so ago and have been pondering the possibilities of what I can stick inside the pages of this incredibly fun, unique and convivial book. The pages vary with gorgeous and vintage-inspired images, practical spaces for to-do lists (hello, SO me!), spaces for photos, highlights of today, lists of "some kind of wonderful and crazy" things you've seen, experienced, tasted, heard or smelled... It's like a carbon copy of René of the Day!

I also received neat stickers to use that say things like "makes me happy" and "someday..." Again, so René. I'm so ruffled to start piecing together what to include on each of the pages. It would be a wonderful gift to fill the book with photos and mementos to give as a complete gift. I've torn out a pretty page with a big slice of pie that says "You're my sweetie..." for my latest post-weekend thank you note to MR. My mom and my aunt are very creative scrapbookers so it's neat that they found a way for me to do it with my own style. For now I'm literally smashing photos and things between the pages until I get the time to glue it all down and organize my thoughts.



*Smash has a blog with more products and ideas to check out: http://www.smashstoriesblog.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment