Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Wednesday, September 7, 2011

René of the Day // 8.21.11 // Bloomer Bloopers

Oops, I did it again. Admitting our faults is a great exercise in humility, so I must share my story of my consistent "Bloomer Bloopers." At least once a month, I realize mid-day or once I'm home in the evening that I have worn my underwear inside out. Perhaps it's good luck or will bring a snow day or something, isn't that what they used to say? It's not on purpose. Every time I find myself twisted around, I text MR - after the second time it happened, I said "Never gonna guess what I did today..." He now automatically responds "Underwear inside out?" HA! Busted.

It could happen because I dress in the dark... or because underwear doesn't come with tags these days. One of the two needs to change (pun intended) and I think the former would be more comfortable than the latter. From now on, I vow to focus more on the lining - rarely silver, but whatever color Victoria Secret sews into the seams, so that I can stop looking down and feeling like a ding bat. Or maybe I should be more positive and not fret about it and look at it this way - it's an extra wear and one less pair in the laundry basket, right?

[No photo included because this is not *that* kind of blog.]

No comments:

Post a Comment