Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Saturday, September 17, 2011

René of the Day // 9.14.11 // SmashBurger

WOW! I think I've grown to love a good burger more in the past few years than I ever appreciated them when I was younger. This is in part to the insurgence of gourmet offerings and creative toppings to enhance it from a lump of dried chuck with ketchup blobbed on top. (Note: I do not claim to be a restaurant critic - just a foodie sharing my experience.)

For our monthly mentor lunch, Marcus and I checked out SmashBurger in Blue Ash. I'd heard about the chain from my mom and her co-workers whose office is across the street. It was a beautiful day so we sat outside and caught up and stuffed ourselves - the Baja burger with pepper jack cheese, fresh guacamole, lettuce, tomato, onion, zesty chipotle mayo and fresh jalapenos (nice thick slices) on a spicy chipotle bun, was fantastic! Loved the sweet potato fries, too. And any place with Cherry Coke on fountain wins my vote (don't tell MR.) It was so damn good I decided to go back the next night for dinner and had the BBQ, bacon and cheddar burger with crispy haystack onions - I think I liked it even better! I wasn't a big fan of the veggie frites - I was excited to try them but they weren't crispy - sort of limp. I'm sure I'll go back to try the Buckeye and the mushroom and swiss burgers - and again for one with fried egg on top. Hellllo fat kid! Ohh and the Haagen Daaz milkshakes - $4 but with flavors like NutterButter it's a must.

The burger was juicy and cooked well through and does look like the eat was smashed - not formed into a frozen patty. Although $11 is steep for a burger joint, it's worth a try - their toppings are what will bring me back. It's a national chain but each state has a special burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment