Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Tuesday, September 6, 2011

René of the Day // 8.20.11 // Happy B-Day, Baby Stan IV!

Today was a very special birthday - the first for Baby Stanley LeRoy McCoy the 4th! Not only is he the most charming and adorable little man, but our families have a special bond. His dad, Stan III, and my sister grew up together since kindergarten with birthdays just a few days apart. My dad and his dad, Stan Jr. have been best friends since high school. My grandfather was good friends with Stan Senior and they worked to established the Loveland Youth Football league back in the day. And Baby Stan's mom, Christina, has been one of my close friends since grade school. So his party was a hoopla of old family friends who I've known my entire life and my hometown girlfriends. The McCoy family is huge and perhaps local royalty in Loveland. They are so much fun to spend time with and they have great love and connection. Little LeRoy is so blessed to be born into this loving family. I have so many summer and holiday memories with them, especially in the years after our parents divorced, all of us kids would just go wild playing in the huge treehouse, playing mud ball and swimming in the pool from noon to midnight. We even discovered that Stan's sister Shannon's husband is a very close friend of MR's family. What a super small world it is!

The Blue's Clues theme was so cute - he dove into his cake, face-first, coming up with blue icing hanging out of his nostril like boogers - hilarious! He just kept going in for the kill without his hands. Way to be! I'm looking forward to watching him grow up - he looks identical to his daddy!

Happy 1st birthday, Stan!

No comments:

Post a Comment