Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Thursday, September 8, 2011

René of the Day // 8.22.11 // "He's so pretty."

On our evening walk, a dude told me Findlay was "so pretty." I laughed - it was sweet and I had to agree - he was just groomed at Red Dog Pet Resort & Spa. I decided to add a service while he stayed there over the weekend and they had a lower flat rate than PetsMart where I usually take him for a hack & whack job. Red Dog finally gave him the proper Westie cut he needs - they cut the fluff off his tail - it's been driving me crazy when I pick him up and his tail fluffs about like a little girl - even with it cut, he was still referred to as a gal... But oh well. 

If it makes him feel any better, my "grooming" was also commented on that evening. A fireman at the Hyde Park Square station always compliments my hair. He asked if he could ask me a personal question - you know, that naturally awkward spot people put you in where you're forced to say "yes" or else you're the rude one - and he asked if my father was black because my hair looks just like his daughter's. I may need to ask Seb and Teri if we need to go on Maury lol

But back to Fin, I've decided I'll budget the $25/night petite suite into my budget for every trip long in the future... Having friends or family watch him for a weekend still works but I feel bad asking anyone to take on the responsibility for more than a few days - and he loves it! He sleeps for 2 whole days when we come home :) And if they can make him look pretty, we'll take it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment