Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Saturday, September 17, 2011

René of the Day // 9.13.11 // MAD MEN @ Banana Republic

SWOON!

Truth be told, I hate shopping. I may have said this in a previous blog post. I just want fabulous clothes in my closet for my ever-ready needs. I get tremendous guilt when I spend money on clothes - even though I wear them for years - I still have clothes from when I worked at the Gap in high school in my wardrobe that get worn. So as MR tells me, I should allow myself to a little shopping treat and not feel bad - isn't he the best? :)

I was walking through the mall and hit my regulars: Ann Taylor LOFT, J. Crew and then Banana Republic - and my jaw dropped when I caught sight of their window displays - MAD MEN Collection for Banana Republic! I mean, are you kidding me? I have recently become addicted to the show and am almost through the Season 4 DVDs. Always adoring the dresses worn by Peggy and Joan, I popped inside and scanned the racks. I would've loved to see more options in Betty's style. Honestly, I wear dresses or skirts almost every day. But I do have a difficult time justifying $75+ for one item of clothing - it's not that much but I still wince with guilt. With this being an exception, I may have to choose a favorite, something sassy and classy, and make it mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment