Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Thursday, September 8, 2011

René of the Day // 8.24.11 // Bruce's Sweet Potato Pancakes

I don't "know" Bruce, but Kristin’s mom introduced me to these sweet potato pancakes one weekend when I crashed at their house in Loveland. They are absolutely delicious and remind me of a great Southern brunch. The mix can be bought at Fresh Market and will last you for quite a while if you use them a special treat as I’ve chosen to. They’re very easy to make – just mix with water, let sit to rehydrate and dollop onto the griddle. Wonderful with a bowl of grits. I tend to prefer savory over sweet for breakfast foods and these tip toe the line between the two quite nicely. Butter and syrup are not even required to make them enjoyable. I also love the nostalgic bag that the mix is packaged in. They have certainly become a favorite for mornings when I have the urge to cook a big breakfast or to cook a batch on Sunday and grab one out of the fridge every morning before work. Ooh or an awesome main course for breakfast for dinner nights… and a decent diet staple, too. Try them already.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment