Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Thursday, September 8, 2011

René of the Day // 8.25.11 // Purging


I don’t have many “addictions” but when I begin to let go, I let it all out. Every few months I find a drawer or space that must be thoroughly cleansed and it makes me feel phenomenal. Living in a small space, I feel the need to eliminate clutter and keep “things and stuff” to a minimum. When I eventually move out of here, I want it to be an easy, compact mission. I’d prefer to do the purging before I have to haul it all out. Recently, my big purge contributed a few bags of clothes to Goodwill. Let’s be honest – I still fit in to quite a few items from my days of working at the Gap in high school, but I’ll never wear a lavender cordoury skirt again. It’s hard to get rid of things with great memories sewn into the fabric, but it makes space for one new fabulous fall item in my closet. But nothing feels better than getting rid of old crap that just cramps your style – literally.

It’s so refreshing to receive that jolt of organization and simplicity. Cleaning is my favorite stress reliever and even as a kid I would do it in my bedroom. I know it’s an addiction because I cleaned our friend’s kitchen and dining room during a party in full swing this weekend because I felt too tired to drink but I just couldn’t sit still. It was a problem I could solve. Perhaps some day my entrepreniual venture will be a professional home organizing – “Helping you get your shit together.” Sounds like a plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment