Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Wednesday, September 14, 2011

René of the Day // 9.7.11 // Ooh, Farmer's Market!

Of course I love the local Hyde Park Square farmers market, which has expanded this summer, and it's always a great adventure to explore the markets in other cities - Union Square in NYC is one of my favs. But this post is about one of my favorite scents. It's a common 21 questions or getting-to-know-you inquiry and in recent years, this has been my answer: Farmers Market candle by Yankee. They like to describe it as "Autumn's freshest bounty... sweet berries, juicy apples, succulent peaches and warm spices." MMM...

The scent isn't overwhelming and it doesn't smell too much like chemical jarred foods like many candles do. It's fresh, clean and bright. It's a seasonless scent and had become my signature for the apartment. So even after the vendors have packed up for the summer, I still enjoy the aroma.

No comments:

Post a Comment