Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Thursday, September 8, 2011

René of the Day // 8.29.11 // Give people more...

“Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.”

What a fantastic thought! I believe I caught this in my Twitter stream and it’s an adage that can be applied to our professional and personal thoughts. It’s so easy to think, “That’s not my job or responsibility” or “Do I really have to do this?” But when we choose to make less-than-exciting tasks a good experience for all involved, the outcome is entirely different. How often do we consciously make an effort to do this? I’m going to make it a goal to think about this every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment