Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Tuesday, September 13, 2011

René of the Day // 9.1.11 // Happy Birthday, L~ers!

Happy birthday to one of my best friends, Lindsey! Many of my best college memories are with this gal. {Wake up, wake up, wake up, it's the first of the month!}
We celebrated her birthday over a few Dude vodka cocktails at Becca's house then went to nada and enjoyed my fav mango chile margarita - tangy, sweet and spicy - perfect! From there we walked to Mainstay, met batman in front of The Palace and drank big ass beers upstairs to the "Betty Bar." After that I split off with Julie to meet up with some of her radio personality pals who were quite the characters and hit Skyline in Clifton - I wished the other girls were still with us because all my memories there are SO college! As we get older (gasp!) it's more and more difficult to get the whole kit-and-kaboodle together so it was great to go out together.

The next morning Lindsey and I had brunch at Enoteca Emilia - a fantastic new Italian tapas and wine restaurant in O'Bryonville. We had wonderful service and loved the proscuitto, pear and goat cheese flatbread sandwich, "cheesy" bread (a little loaf, sliced, with cheese oozing through all the cracks) and little fried balls like beignets or donuts, dusted with powdered sugar and served with chocolate sauce and an orange marmalade. Divine! I'm really looking forward to going back for dinner and Sunday brunch.

Wishing a wonderful 25th year and avoidance of the quarter-life crisis to my favorite lil veggie!
Mango chile margarita at nada


No comments:

Post a Comment