Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Tuesday, September 20, 2011

René of the Day // 9.20.11 // Falloween

On a trip to Michael's craft store to inspire the fall decor for my adorable Willow House glass thimble domes that are the highlight of my kitchen table, I came across some fun Halloween items that I had to have! I spent Friday night relaxing, watching "Something Borrowed," eating English chocolate and dressing up the little scenes. Yes, I sound old and boring and lame but after endless weekends of travel, it was nice to relax at home. (Never thought I'd say that.)

One has sparkly little spiders with creepy long legs, one has two little jack-o-lanterns and a tiny black cat and one has little piles of skulls. I knew I wouldn't be able to use a whole bag of fake spider webs and I didn't have cotton balls so I pulled apart the ends of Q-Tips to improvise and line the bottoms of the domes - I think they turned out quite cute! And I have my fall set-up planned for November. Just call me Mini Martha. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment