Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Thursday, September 8, 2011

René of the Day // 8.31.11 // Mastering the Toasts


You know a great speaker within seconds of them stepping in from of the audience. So that is the goal… I spent an evening in Northern Kentucky with my mentor, eating the longest pizza slices of my life – seriously. (I need to find out where it was from!) But I was there for officer training for Toastmasters. Little did I know that the position I was placed in was the second behind President of the club, but I’m really looking forward to the duties of Vice President of Education and informing our group of ways to excel and propel ourselves towards awards and achievements. Since it’s required of us, and everyone is so busy, it’s difficult to hone in on where we’re there and what the ultimate goal is. It was great to receive guidance on these items and to think about how we can make the best of the experience for our professional endeavors. In college, I always thought Toastmasters sounded so cool. I knew I wanted to join a club when I graduated and it’s amazing how the opportunity eventually presented itself. It will be interesting to see what our club can achieve and I’m excited to have the chance to contribute to our growth and learnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment