Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Wednesday, September 28, 2011

René of the Day // 9.23.11 // I love this bar

Maybe I have Toby Keith lyrics stuck in my head as I anticipate his concert tomorrow night... but one of my absolute favorite spots in Cincinnati is The Blind Lemon on Hatch Street in Mt. Adams. It's really not a hidden gem these days, but it surely is a special place. Inside it feels like a hobbit hole nestled into the side of a hill in Britain. Copper mugs, old political buttons, trains and other nostalgic paraphernalia line the ceilings and walls. You can count on a phenomenal acoustic musician to be tucked into dimly the back corner by the bathrooms, with their relaxing tunes pumping through the bar and out on the patio, which is a dreamy secret garden. With ivy-covered brick walls, cobble stone paving and woven white metal chairs you'd find on your grandparents sun porch, it's a lovely spot to relax around the fire pit and enjoy said music. Their beverage menu includes a hearty list of warm boozy beverages for blustery nights - last Friday I had the Hooken Effer which had, I believe had 4 kinds of liquor, lovingly swirled into hot chocolate and dolloped with whipped cream. Helllllo happy hour. This time of year is perfect for visiting The Blind Lemon - fantastic for a date night, a place to catch up with friends or to bring new Cincinnati visitors. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment